Today’s top ten from the wonderful book bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish is all about villains. There are lots of topics to choose from here: top ten villains I secretly love, top ten villains on television, favorite book villains. You get the idea. I have a hard time picking the top ten of anything. Ten is just too few, don’t you think? So naturally, I came up with a narrower topic idea – Top Ten Villains in Movies Adapted From Books Which I Did Not Read. Specific enough for ya?
10. The White Witch from The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe – Endless Winter with no Christmas? That beyotch!
9. Tom Ripley from The Talented Mr. Ripley – Never, ever trust someone with this much charm. Can you say Ted Bundy?
8. Javert from Les Miserables – He tries to arrest Fantine. That horrible man!
7. The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz – I’m pretty sure I learned the word ‘cackle’ from this witch. Keep a bucket of water near by.
6. Cruella de Vil from The Hundred and One Dalmatians – Oh no, not the puppies!!
5. Count Dracula from Dracula – This is before the vampire romance craze when bloodsuckers were still super scary.
4. Norman Bates from Psycho – I stay in hotels alone all the time. But never motels. Oh no, not a motel!
3. Sauron from Lord of the Rings – He doesn’t even take shape and he’s wicked scary.
2. Anne Wilkes from Misery – *Shivers* ’nuff said
1 Hannibal Lector from Red Dragon – You know you’re a bad guy when they have to put a muzzle on you.
Who are your top ten villains in books, movies, comics??